Thursday, July 10, 2008

Twilighting

Right, so for the past week or so (maybe longer?) since my last post I’ve been juggling two vastly different but generally unentertaining topics. The first is family, work…and how the two unfortunately tend to collide around me. The second is…yeah, I’m kinda getting bad about all things Twilight.

Let me rephrase: My OCD has suddenly latched onto all things Twilight. This is bad, for any of you who don’t know how fixated I become on things. I’ve been on YouTube daily…actually checking out rag mags for movie info (not coming out until December, and already I feel like buying tickets)…I’ve re-read the three existing books twice each since Saturday. SATURDAY! These are not small books, people. This ain’t no Chronicles of Narnia, capiche? So…between the last book coming out midnight on August first, the movie hitting theatres December 12th, and…well, just my own insanity, you’re probably going to see a few things squeek through my filters onto RC here.

Just remember, if I didn’t let anything by, my head would blow up. And that would be sad for me.

So…here’s a Twilight themed “Everything I need to know about life I learned from…” (For those of you not in “the know,” Forks is the town where all the characters in the book live.)

Everything I Need to Know About Life…I Learned in Forks

You can resist the wine while still enjoying the bouquet…The future is not set in stone…Men are crabby when they’re hungry…Nothing beats an irritable grizzly bear…True love knows no bounds…Some people are just danger magnets…Even eternal enemies can work together to save something they love…Forget the fangs – real vampires sparkle…Soul mates exist, even if it takes 100 years to find them…Friendship is like the sun on a cloudy day…Snow means it’s too cold to rain…Family is about more than just blood…What’s worth doing is worth over-doing…Beds are for more than just sleeping…Losing your temper can be hair-raising…”Vegetarian” has many meanings…Even monsters can hold onto their humanity…There are exceptions to every rule…Always verify bad news before doing something stupid…Hearing voices in your head doesn’t necessarily mean you’re crazy…Love means being willing to sacrifice your happiness for another’s…True love lives forever…Cold hands = Warm heart…Not breathing is uncomfortable…Stupid lambs and masochistic lions make quite a pair…Romeo was an idiot…Twilight is the saddest time of day…Extreme sports should not be attempted alone…It’s hard to see ourselves clearly…Life is worth very little without someone to share it with…Love can make even the most miserable of places a paradise.

Quote of the Moment: "No; I've been too busy too be funny.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: The Veronicas, Untouched
TV/Movie Quote: Twilight:
Isabella Swan: Are you going to tell me how you stopped the van?
Edward Cullen: Yeah. Um...I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it.

No comments: