Friday, December 12, 2008

It's Begining to Look A Lot Like...

Christmas is nearly here, you guys! Who’s excited?! I AM!

I talked to Mom yesterday, which was super fun. She’s such a funny lady. Honestly, I don’t know how I live without her. So many people up here either live with their parents or live rather near them…I’m totally and utterly jealous of them all.

We talked about a bunch of stuff, but the funniest thing was her discussing Twilight with me…then another vampire series I got her started on. I expressed my empathy for the stars of the movie…and how crazy it’s been…and how it’s insane that these young girls are confusing the character of Edward Cullen with the actor Robert Pattinson. She reminded me that I had my own rather extreme fixation on one Devon Sawa (Although she hilariously called him “Kevin”) back in the day, and I had to remind her that I:
1. Never asked/demanded/coerced her to drive to wherever said actor was acting/living/appearing.
2. Never shrieked at such a pitch that some poor standerby would lose his/her hearing.
3. Never actually thought he was Casper or Junior.
And, most importantly, 4: Never proposed marriage to the dude.
When Paris Hilton came up…and the phenomenon of being a celebrity of, well, being a celebrity, I totally won the argument after that. :p

She’ll be up in about a week...Brother and Linz will be in a couple days before. It’s so darn crazy to think about it, since they’ve been away for so long. It’s really, really wonderful. It’ll be the first time I (legally) go out with the two “youngens.” I’m really hoping the C Lounge does it’s ICE Lounge again, because it’s such a blast. And, honestly, where else are they going to go that’s like that and NOT an igloo? Plus…if I can talk my way in for free twice, I can do it again. (Oh, how confident I am whilst filled with vodka. Um…not that I am right now…but I will be, in theory, while there. You know what? Forget I said anything.)

Speaking of filled with vodka, I’m trying to get some people from work together for drinks tomorrow after work. Fun, right? Well, we’ll see. It may end up being me, alone, with a(n extra, extra, dry) martini…but at this point I’m trying to be positive. I really like all the work crew—as you all know—and it would be cool to feel like a more permanent part of them…

Of course, this is nothing compared to the Great Twin Meet-Up of 2008. (You know, I should be careful…I feel like that might actually be an existing event. Google? No? Hmm, interesting.) You remember the chick on my online community who pretty much has the same likes/dislikes/history as me? After telling my mother about this and explaining the situation, she let me know that she most definitely did not have a child when Twin was born. I feel like Twin and I are both rather aware of this, but it was still rather hilarious to hear. Well, we’re getting together Saturday, in person. I’ve promised her I’d bring my tiara (and a Twilight bookmark), and really, what more can a girl ask for?

More on that as it happens…

In other news…I read a blog today that was along the lines of “What where we doing a year ago?” As such, I figured I’d check it out myself…So the December 2007 blog is a couple days off…but it’s still pretty darn funny, right?

Goodnight sweethearts. ;)

Quote of the Moment: "[He] was supposed to do something for me today, and I hadn't heard from him. So I just texted him, and he was like, “Sorry, got to reading and I got sucked in. You understand. Volturi.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: Kings of Leon, “Soft”
TV/Movie Quotes: The Office(USA): Would I rather be feared or loved? Um...easy: both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

No comments: