Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mindless Chatter

Okay…more website stuff…I’ve got a “refined” logo now…would like to know what you beautiful people think.

Right, on to bigger and more interesting topics…like the fact that I spent the day after work looking for a digital camera, finally bought one WAY more expensive than I wanted to because the sales guy insisted it had all these amazing features…like an internal rechargeable battery. I get it home, start to play and…yeah, no, it does not. So pissed I can’t even say any more about it.

On the flip side of that emotion, is my humor over the grandparents interest in my DVD collection. They literally watch at least one new movie a day. The best part? Tonight it’s Snatch, a movie I quite enjoy, but would have never thought they would even give ten minutes of their time to…and I hear them giggling…excellent. =}

I’m back to my typical status of reading 4 or more books at once. One in particular is making me happy: $tud, Adventures in Breeding by Kevin Conley. It’s a nonfiction about the horse racing industry and the fact that more money is made in *ahem* thirty seconds of breeding than in the sport itself. I don’t know if you could get through it if you had absolutely NO interest in horses, but I don’t think you need to be on the same level as me to enjoy it. Conley writes with so much natural humor—you know, the type that comes out of just honest examinations of situations—that it’s easy to forget that the people (and horses) and places he’s referring to are real. One quick example, that would have been the day’s quote had I not found a more hilarious one, is this excerpt…which occurs as he’s with a vet, viewing a stallion’s sperm count: “Most of the sperm seem to know where they’re going, but a few wander aimlessly in a circle, like crazies who should have never been let out on a work-release…[another stallion’s] sperm run around in circles, wild and unfocused, like a pee wee soccer team on an outing to Chuck E. Cheese.” Funny, right?

*Coughing* You’re line is: “Right.” Whenever you’re ready.

Well, it’s getting late here, and as much as I’m capable of rambling on for hours, I should really try to sleep…I don’t seem to be able to get my 8 hours in, and the last thing I need right now is another bout of my chronic insomnia.

So, with no further ado…I’ll say goodnight sweet angels… sleep to dream.

Quote of the Moment: “Making fun of Tara Reid’s clothes is like shooting really drunk fish in a barrel.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: “Somebody,” Bonnie McKee
Movie/TV Quote: From Snatch, “You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.”

No comments: