Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hairless Wonder

The extensions are gone. They died a dark and rather icky death, but I have to say I’m not so very much missing them. Makes my head feel lighter, at the very least. ;)

Houston was wonderful, despite quite a bit of an ass raping by karma at the beginning. Seriously, I donno what I did to deserve a canceled flight, then a delayed flight, then a missing plane part. In all honesty, I really don’t want to know. It is, however, rather becoming something I feel I should warn everyone on the flight with me. You know, a general disclaimer. “Oh, by the way people, the fact that I’m on this plane with you bodes very badly for this flight. That is all, go about your day…”

Or, maybe not.

Either way, I came back with some new slacks, a mani/pedi, some cash, a bear I made myself (for all the ones I couldn’t take with me), a necklace made specifically for me by one of my greats (good juju), and a simple origami crane done up in porcelain…that really isn’t such a simple thing at all.

Thank you all, by the way. Made my birthday quite lovely. To Tony, for hauling my ass around half the woodlands. To Brother and Lindsay too, for playing rock star with me at the karaoke bar. And ma and pa, for letting me see how good of a shot I still am.

Back at home, I’ve been dealing with the bipolar weather and my own uncertainties. Lost, a little, I suppose I am. There are just too many options in front of me. A silly thing to complain about, I know, but when is life ever simple? Where do I want to be, what do I want to be doing, and how do I get from here to there?

I seem to be getting variations of those questions from others, as well as myself. What do I want from one relationship…what don’t I want from another? Do I want a relationship in the first place?

Right, well, let’s move on, shall we?

First edit on Atsou is done, and all in all not a bad review. The very idea makes me ecstatic. By this time next week, I’ll have the manuscript back in my hands to rewrite. After that is the query letter, and then we send out to the appropriate parties.

Fun.

Right, so there’s more, including my adoration of the movie 300 and the musician Mika. But, for now, kiddes, that’s all I have the energy for.

Maybe I’ll play more tomorrow.

Quote of the Moment: “Gonna throw a party with my body, do you wanna come?”
Soundtrack of the Moment: Mika, "Grace Kelly"
TV/Movie Quote: Cruel Intentions: Eat me. It's okay for guys like you to fuck everyone but when I do it, I get dumped for innocent little twits. God forbid I exude confidence and enjoy sex. Do you think I relish the fact that I have to act like Mary Sunshine 24/7 so I can be considered a lady? I'm the Marcia fucking Brady of the Upper East Side, and sometimes I want to kill myself. So there's your psychoanalysis, Dr. Freud. Now tell me are you in, or are you out?

No comments: