Monday, October 29, 2007

Grumpy Dwarf

Maybe it’s the fact that the weather refuses to do what it’s supposed to and get cold…maybe it has to do with my car breaking down and costing me a small fortune…maybe the whole thing hangs on Britney’s inability to act like a rational human being, or maybe (as in Whoovile, they say) my heart's three sizes too small.

Whatever the case, lately my “I’ve had enough of this shit” level has dropped dramatically. Which is to say, it takes a lot less to knock me up (wait, what!?) to that level then it usually does.

So I’ve been trying to do a lot of things to distract me. One that I’m starting to have to watch again is the drinking. Man, girlfriend can drink when she wants to. The others, though, I don’t feel so bad about.

The Movies: Right, usually I go through this whole spiel about each movie and who’s in it and what I liked and whatnot. But, again, I’m cranky. Doing all that means that I also have to get all the links and link them into the blog and… Right, so you don’t get the play-by-play. Let’s just say that I’ve seen a lotta movies lately and all have been quite nice, thank you very much.

The Music: While I realize I’m rather behind on this point, I really, really LOVE the newest offer from Linkin Park, Minutes to Midnight. “Minutes to midnight” means different things to different people (for me it evokes Cinderella and Thoroughbred racehorses), but is generally accepted to reference the end of the world. Or rather, how long we have until the end of the world. Midnight, in this case, being when the world as we know it gives its last bow. The political commentary sprinkled (and sometimes slathered) into these tracks make it abundantly clear where the boys of the park stand. Take their particularly obvious track Hands Held High:

“…Cause I’m sick of being treated like I have before, like it's stupid standing for what I’m standing for. Like this war's really just a different brand of war, like it doesn't cater to rich and abandon poor… and these fuckers are laughing their way to the bank; cashing the check, asking you to have compassion. Have respect for a leader so nervous in an obvious way, stuttering and mumbling for nightly news to replay. And the rest of the world watching at the end of the day, in their living room laughing like, ‘What did he say?’…”

Well, there’s really not much to say after that, is there?

Mayhem: Heh…that’s right losers! Project Mayhem, Fight Club style! Er…or not. But the rules are the same: 1. Don't ask questions. 2. Don't ask questions. 3. No excuses. 4. No lies. 5.You have to trust Tyler. Damn it!! Forget that last one. Um…just use “no lies” twice, okay? Okay, moving on.

Basically I’m deviding this into a couple different parts, but, all in all, the goal is to make myself laugh. Now, if I can do this while also disrupting my location of business, well, let’s just say…Tyler would be proud. ;)

It all started with the Pirates. (Really, they started out being called “the slummers,” but that just didn’t seem very PC of me, and was therefor forever changed.) So there’s this random guy who works in the michanical/production side of my office…which is to say, he doesn’t work in the office. I do. Whatever, I’m not going all Sk8ter Boi on y’all, I’m just stating the facts so that we’re all clear on the division. Now “My Pirate” is so named because he sort of has a Jack Sparrow thing going on...I mean, I want to put some black kohl on this guy in the very worst way. (HA! “Put some kohl on this guy; really, is that what the kids are calling it these days?”) And, until we got our new CSR girl, MPIC (My Partner in Crime), checking him out was just a wayword fancy. Sometimes while I went downstairs for a DC, I’d try to catch a glance. Nothing crazy, just something to make my day a little brighter. Right, well now MPIC is in on the action…as she has a Pirate of her own she likes to “glance over.” We’ve progressed upto actually timing our trips outside/downstairs/to the vending machine to correspond with the shop’s breaks. There has been minor “small talk,” but that’s not really the point. The point is, at least 3 times a day, MPIC and I act like boy-crazy fifthgraders, running around the office laughing as loud as possible. (MPIC: Let’s go see our Sea men. Ms.I: HA! You said semin!)

Mayhem, I tell you, and it’s a truly magificent thing.

I then brought cookies to work, but a quantity that I knew would not be enough for everybody. Man, you should see the way people go at it over homemade Chocolate Chip. I seriously wish I had a digital video camera. I’d put this shit up on YouTube. It’s that good.

***Right, I’m going to have to interject here to say that I wrote all the above over a week ago. As such, I’m kinda out of the vibe I was writing in. So…yeah, done for now. But I promise to write a newbie tomorrow. Lord knows I have enough to yammer about for a good two pages or so.***

LOVE!

Quote of the Moment: (Ed note: This one's by request. Love ya, L!)“They just have to look pretty; I don't care what they have rattling around in their skulls when my tongue is in their mouth.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: Linkin Park, “Leave Out All the Rest
TV/Movie Quote: Robin Hood: “Oh, he's so handsome... just like his reward posters.”

No comments: