Friday, April 25, 2008

Hot Girls

I wish I could deny my love of Girlicious, but, nay, nay I may not…

From the beginning…I saw this one girl…and she totally spoke to me…of course, I also was the one who said, “dude, I’m so sorry, but there is no way they’re going to be able to pick just a trio o"ut of these girls." Regardless, the whole thing went down yesterday. The girl I have a total crush on, Natalie, made it into Girlicious. I hope that she gets a bit more “center stage” in the future, because the first video did not impress me.

Check it:




I guess the reality is the whole Girlicious deal reminds me so much of high school, it makes me want to revert back a few years.

Or does it?

I mean…yes, it does remind me of high school, but I don’t know that it makes me want to go back.

Sure, HS at the great TWHS* was wonderful. I mean, I met Lauren…I hooked up with the hotness that was Chris…I danced at the pep rally and was an officer…whatever that meant…I was cute. Semi-popular even. And yet…

You know, even then I wanted to be more. So why the big surprise that I don’t dwell on the “good ol’ days” now?

I think part of my ranting is that I miss Lauren. Weirdly, for the last week or so, we haven’t really Gmailed one another. She’s been busy. I’ve been busy. But…a part of me misses the contact. I miss my anchor, my rock…the one girl in all the world, that can bring back into myself like that dumbass (Seriously, MS Word recognizes “dumbass” as a word, and not “serpentined”? Insanity.) guy who does the hook ‘n’ reel bit from SNL circa the Spartan cheerleaders of Cheri Oteri (Can I please tell you that for…well, until right now when I looked it up…I totally thought it was Sherry O’Cherry. I’m such a loser!) and Will Ferrell.

Another issue is Dad is in town. That never does nice things to my OCD. Yet—oddly enough—I think he’s going to unintentionally bring together this whole rant nicely.

You see, Dad’s GF’s daughter is doing a dance competition this weekend. Guess who’s attending? Yup, that’s correct, me.

Full Circle, no?


To be waaaaaaaay off topic and lame, my G’rent is going into surgery Wednesday. I normally don’t do this…but I normally don’t deal with this stuff, either….please, if you believe, pray. I don’t care to which God or which…whatever…regardless, if you do, please think of him. If not…then please keep him in your thoughts.

Me, personally, I’m terrified of the outcome. My (major?) surgery of over a year ago, had me in the hospital for a few hours.

He’s required to be in for a minimum of four days…

Right, move on to avoid the issue…

Guys, I love you all. I know this was a random and possibly weird post. I would apologize but, come on ya’ll, it’s me. What exactly were you expecting?

Next time, on RC, Mom’s reaction to ATSOU…


*Guys, wiki has an article about TWHS now...anyone who went there is required to read it.




Quote of the Moment: “Our automatic assumption is something real has changed. It takes extra thought to realize that something about your own perspective or the information you’re receiving may have changed.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: Nirvana’s “Smells like Teen Spirit”
TV/Movie Juno:
Juno MacGuff: I'm losing my faith in humanity.
Mac MacGuff: Think you can narrow it down for me?
Juno MacGuff: I guess I wonder sometimes if people ever stay together for good.
Mac MacGuff: You mean like couples?
Juno MacGuff: Yeah, like people in love.
Mac MacGuff: Are you having boy troubles? I gotta be honest; I don't much approve of dating in your condition, 'cause well... that's kind of messed up.
Juno MacGuff: Dad, no!
Mac MacGuff: Well, it's kind of skanky. Isn't that what you girls call it? Skanky? Skeevy?
Juno MacGuff: Please stop now.
Mac MacGuff: [persisting] Tore up from the floor up?
Juno MacGuff: Dad, it's not about that. I just need to know if it's possible for two people to stay happy together forever, or at least for a few years.
Mac MacGuff: It's not easy, that's for sure. Now, I may not have the best track record in the world, but I have been with your stepmother for 10 years now and I'm proud to say that we're very happy.
[Juno nods]
Mac MacGuff: In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

No comments: