Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Promises, Promises

Right, so I said I’d blog every day and I didn’t yesterday. Please allow me to explain.

At around 3pm yesterday, on the highway I drive everyday to and from work (for the next couple of days, anyways), a man was shot (inside a car) and either jumped out, or was pushed out of the moving vehicle. The driver immediately exited the highway, drove about five minutes away and set her car on fire.

The man was pronounced dead on the road. This is the eastbound side…my side, if I ever want to get home. They closed down the highway for an investigation, leaving me with no real obvious way home.

Meanwhile, on the westbound lane in the exact same location, a garbage truck flipped over and spilled onto the highway…closing down most of the westbound side of the highway.

Long story short I got home late enough to take a shower and go to bed.

Which is exactly what I did.

I’ll try to post again tonight.

Quote of the Moment: "Let me guess, the shooter was driving a Lexus? Yes, yes, but your mother drives a Lexus in the Woodlands. In cracktown, drug dealers drive Lexuses and shoot people.”
Soundtrack of the Moment: Rihanna, Disturbia
TV/Movie Quote: The House Bunny:
Natalie: Shelley knows how to meet guys, hence, we will learn how to meet guys.
Shelley: Yeah, hence!

No comments: