Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Sick, Naked and Wearing Capes...

As most of you know…Rita down graded and didn’t do half the harm she was expected to. Describing what I feel as relief is sort of like saying September 11th was a “minor infraction”. Not even slightly close to the real issue…But there are some who where not as lucky as me and mine, so I’m going to end this here…

For the past little bit I’ve been sick…Monday night it hit me really hard core…and that rolled over to Tuesday, so…yeah, no work for me. So for all of you amazing people who have been leaving me messages and texts, thank you, I’m fine, but I refuse to answer the phone when I’m in bed.

So…last week, during all the Rita craziness, I went out to this FABULIOUS place with my new gay friend Matt. Of course, it’s not relevant that he’s gay, I just wrote it this first time so that those of you (and you know who you are) who are stressing out over the fact that I don’t have a boyfriend won’t get the wrong idea. Back to the point…we went to this restaurant that’s all you can eat…but like, good food, not buffet style or anything like that. I mean, we’re talking oysters, muscles, salads, crab, soup, lobster, chicken, beef, veggies…you name it, they pretty much had it…It’s called 416—which is cute, because that’s the local area code—and if you’re ever in Markham, I highly recommend it.

During dinner, I get a call from my Grandmother…she’s like, “Uh, this casting director called for you on our number…so…well, let me give you the number, because he wants to see you tomorrow.” I’m thinking, hu? Because, let’s face it, between Rita and sickness and everything else that’s been going on, I haven’t even been THINKING about auditioning. So I’m like, okay, I’ll give the guy a call.

Turns out I’d been put in for this flick awhile ago, but they had already wrapped up the female casting…coolest of coolness, they decided they really liked me and kept me on file. Turns out one of the girls dropped from the cast. They’re slated to start filming PRONTO…so quickie auditions mean I get a call.

As if that’s not enough, the auditions are casual style, which rock my world in so many ways. Basically, instead of coming in, slating, and doing lines or improving…you sit in front of a camera and do…well, almost an interview…they ask questions, you answer…realizing, of course, that you’re supposed to be showing range. Not only that, but they have two of the already cast females in the room with me…so, when we do get to the script…I’m reading off of them. It was an awesome audition that could not have gone any better…except for the fact that the two co-stars were supper tall and very Jackiesque in their looks…yeah, there are a lot of things I am…tall, clothes hanger thin, and peaches and cream skin are not any of those things.

Low and behold, I don’t get the part…but I do get A PART…a really fun, hooker part…which becomes even more fun because I get to die…I know, I know…but since my goal in my acting career is to be a dead body on CSI, you can understand the excitement. I’ll be sure to take some pictures and post a shooting journal blog when everything is said and done.

Meanwhile, I know this is insane, but I have to post this picture:

Hercules and the Hydria

What the HELL is this people? I’m looking up different myths, right, while doing what I do and reading the snarkiness over at
www.televisionwithoutpity.com, and I come across this picture of Hercules. I have two questions I would like answered please, ASAP:

1-Why, pray tell, would one go about attacking a Hydria wearing nothing but a cape? Seriously, folks, think about that one.
2-What the hell is going on in Hercules’ “area”? Did he suddenly realize he was wearing only a cape and get creative with this boyscout knot training? Honestly, WTF?

Moral of the day: Don’t fight monsters…or anyone else for that matter…wearing only a cape…

=)


Quote of the Moment: “I thought he was kidding. I should have known better. Before we left town, Antonio pulled into a strip mall and went in to get submarines and salads, leaving Clay and me half naked and bleeding in the car and Cain unconscious in the trunk. No wonder I was anxious to get back to Toronto. Spend too much time around these guys and you become a little too nonchalant about blood-soaked clothes and bodies in the trunk.” –BITTEN, by Kelley Armstrong
Soundtrack of the Moment: Kelly Clarkson’s Breakaway, especially “Addicted,” “Hear Me,” and “Because of You”

Movie/TV Quote: From Sex and the City, “The fact is, sometimes it's really hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hold it. Are these last 2 comments spam?!?! Does someone SPAM blog comments? What the hell is this world coming to? I really don't understand. Seriously.

Ms ♥ Isabella said...

Yes, that's correct...I get SPAMed...offten...fun, hu?